02 May 2012

South Australia Travellin

Turnin' 60 Wow!!

What better way to celebrate a special occasion - a Business Class flight with lots of bubbles!  

Yep - this little black duck checked in at the ripe old age of 60 at the beginning of March.  No big, noisy parties for me - just a lovely trip to Adelaide to stay with a very special friend and enjoy some "down" time.

The weather treated us kindly, with lovely warm days to enjoy the local delights of vineyards, beaches, and quilt shops.  Yes, that's right - quilt shops - and plenty of them.  My special thanks to my wonderful husband and our special friend, Steve Bonney, for indulging me with "quilt therapy" between some lovely trips to places like Victor Harbour, Strathalbyn, McLaren Vale, and Goolwa - not to mention that we were only 2 minutes to the beach at Normanville - what more could a 60 year old ask for - I even managed a morning with the local quilting group - the Yankalilla Threads - and on our last day in Adelaide the boys indulged me by leaving me at the SA Embroiderers Guild exhibition at Mile End - a wonder three hours just enjoying the delights of some beautiful works of art.  

Oh - and I mustn't forget the great "scone bake-off" at Mr Bonney's.  Of course, it was a breeze for the "old chook" who won hands down - even in a "virgin" kitchen with an oven that had never been turned on prior to that little exercise. 

Excellent breadmaker!
Thank you, thank you, thank you - a birthday to remember.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment